By pretending to be secular, BJP fooling people: PM in Chhattisgarh
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
Raipur: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh batted for UPA government`s inclusive growth model as he drummed up support for Congress` chief ministerial candidate Ajit Jogi at a rally ahead of Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections.
Making a case for a change in the government, the Prime Minister said that the Congress will `never resort to cheap politics like the BJP` which was responsible for the lack of development in the state.
"BJP is communal, but it is trying to fool people by pretending to be secular. Chhattisgarh could not be properly developed because of the BJP state govt. They did not make good use of Central funds," he said.
Citing the example of attack on Congress leaders in the state, the PM said that the incident shows how security has deteriorated in the state during the BJP rule under Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh. He said that the state government has failed to deal with rampant Naxalism.
Attacking the Chief Minister, Singh said, "BJP leaders said after Naxal attack on Congress leaders the government showed empathy but they forgot to speak about lack of security that killed the leaders."
The Prime Minister in his speech said that the BJP government in the state was taking credit for the PDS system for which 90 percent of the funds came from the Centre. "Mid-day meals are served in schools. For higher education we will make 9 IITs and many new IIMs. Even Raipur will get an IIM. Six news AIIMS were opened in India, including one in Raipur. The successes show the mindset of the Congress. We want progress that includes the aam aadmi," he added.
Eighteen constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh will witness voting on November 11 while the remaining 72 segments will go to polls on November 19. As many as 985 candidates are in the fray for 90 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant