No Narendra Modi factor in Chhattisgarh: Mahant
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress chief Charan Das Mahant on Saturday hit out at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying he was "desperate" to become the prime minister and added that there is no Modi factor in the state.
"In Chhattisgarh, there is no Narendra Modi factor, people know that he only speaks lies and is desperate to become prime minister," Mahant said.
"People of Chhattisgarh believe BJP has not fulfilled promises they made. There is no development in tribal areas," he added.
Eighteen Constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh will witness voting on November 11 while the remaining 72 segments will go into polls on November 19.
Out of the 18, 12 constituencies are in the Maoist-affected tribal Bastar region, while six are in Rajnandgaon division.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address a rally in Raipur today. Whereas, BJP patriarch LK Advani will address public rallies in Kasdol, Bilaspur and Bhatapara for the second phase of Chhattisgarh elections.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have also addressed rallies in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!