No Narendra Modi factor in Chhattisgarh: Mahant
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress chief Charan Das Mahant on Saturday hit out at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying he was "desperate" to become the prime minister and added that there is no Modi factor in the state.
"In Chhattisgarh, there is no Narendra Modi factor, people know that he only speaks lies and is desperate to become prime minister," Mahant said.
"People of Chhattisgarh believe BJP has not fulfilled promises they made. There is no development in tribal areas," he added.
Eighteen Constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh will witness voting on November 11 while the remaining 72 segments will go into polls on November 19.
Out of the 18, 12 constituencies are in the Maoist-affected tribal Bastar region, while six are in Rajnandgaon division.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address a rally in Raipur today. Whereas, BJP patriarch LK Advani will address public rallies in Kasdol, Bilaspur and Bhatapara for the second phase of Chhattisgarh elections.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have also addressed rallies in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss