Suspected `bomb` at C`garh MLA`s house creates panic
Raipur: Amid the enhanced security for the visits by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to the Naxal-affected Bastar region, a report of suspected bomb at a BJP MLA`s house in Dantewda sent police into a tizzy today.
However, it was found to be gun-powder, used in fire-crackers.
MLA Bheema Mandavi alerted the police about the suspicious-looking object at his house in Gadapal village, around 20 km from Dantewada district headquarters, said Dantewada Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare.
Police team rushed there, and recovered 25 gm of gunpowder such as the one used in crackers, wrapped in plastic cover and kept in a small tin box, and some wires which were kept separately.
A few Naxal pamphlets opposing the coming Chhattisgarh Assembly elections were also found on the spot.
Prima facie it looked like a mischief, carried out to create panic, the SP said.
Mandavi, the BJP MLA from Dantewada constituency, is contesting the coming election from the same seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?