Suspected `bomb` at C`garh MLA`s house creates panic
Raipur: Amid the enhanced security for the visits by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to the Naxal-affected Bastar region, a report of suspected bomb at a BJP MLA`s house in Dantewda sent police into a tizzy today.
However, it was found to be gun-powder, used in fire-crackers.
MLA Bheema Mandavi alerted the police about the suspicious-looking object at his house in Gadapal village, around 20 km from Dantewada district headquarters, said Dantewada Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare.
Police team rushed there, and recovered 25 gm of gunpowder such as the one used in crackers, wrapped in plastic cover and kept in a small tin box, and some wires which were kept separately.
A few Naxal pamphlets opposing the coming Chhattisgarh Assembly elections were also found on the spot.
Prima facie it looked like a mischief, carried out to create panic, the SP said.
Mandavi, the BJP MLA from Dantewada constituency, is contesting the coming election from the same seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug