AAP leader Surajeet Das Gupta resigns from party
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a blow to the Aam Aadmi Party before the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections, a member of the party Surajeet Das Gupta resigned from the party on Thursday.
However, the reasons for his resignation are not clear as yet.
The AAP which is contesting its first elections in the Delhi polls has been in the news for some wrong reasons in the recent past. Recently social activist Anna Hazare had written a letter to AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal asking him whether the funds that were collected during the Jan Lokpal movement were being used for campaigning in Delhi. He also categorically said that he did not want his name to be used by the AAP to garner votes.
Kejriwal was part of Anna`s core group during the anti-graft movement to press for a tough Lokpal Bill. However, they parted ways when the former decided to launch a political party and join the electoral battle.
Meanwhile, the Election Commission (EC) issued a notice to Kejriwal yesterday for distributing a pamphlet that reportedly contained an appeal for votes on religious grounds.
The EC notice was issued after Rajouri Garden resident Harish Khurana complained to the former about a pamphlet distributed by AAP.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!