Arvind Kejriwal responds to EC notice, denies violating model code of conduct
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Adhering to the extended deadline, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday sent a reply to the Election Commission notice.
In his 37-page reply to the EC, Kejriwal denied violating model code of conduct.
On Monday, the EC had given two more days to the AAP convener to reply to its notice.
The EC had, last week, sent notice to Kejriwal for asking Muslim electors to vote on religious grounds.
Kejriwal had to reply as to why action should not be taken against him for violating the model poll code which does not allow appeals to voters on grounds of religion.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Harish Khurana had complained to the EC regarding the AAP leader for distributing pamphlets containing appeals on religious grounds.
In the pamphlets in Hindi, Kejriwal had appealed to Muslim voters in Delhi to cast their ballot in favour of the party and referred to the BJP as a communal party.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!