BJP to gain victory in Delhi polls, Arvind Kejriwal choice for CM: Survey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is all set to form the government in the national capital, if a post poll survey conducted by CNN-IBN, The Week and CSDS is to be believed.
The post poll survey on Friday forecasted BJP bagging 32-42 seats, 13-21 for Aam Aadmi Party and 9-17 seats for the ruling Congress. Delhi, which witnessed a three-way contest between Congress, BJP and AAP has 70 Assembly seats.
CNN-IBN-The Week-CSDS survey forecasts the BJP getting 33 percent votes, Congress 23 percent, AAP 27 percent, Bahujan Samaj Party 8 percent and 9 percent for others.
For the first time voters, AAP was a popular choice and 39 percent of them voted for Arvind Kejriwal’s new political outfit. BJP stood at the second spot with 27 percent votes and Congress managed to attract only 17 percent of the new electorates, the survey said.
Arvind Kejrwial was the most preferred chief ministerial candidate with 27 percent wanting him to lead Delhi. BJP leader Dr Harsh Vardhan was the second most popular choice with 22 percent opting for him and Sheila Dikshit, who has ruled Delhi for last 15 years just managed to get 15 percent support.
Indicating their disillusionment with the Congress government, 70 percent of the respondents were against the Sheila Dikshit government getting another chance while only 23 percent respondents wanted to give her another chance, the poll said.
Only 40 percent respondents said they were satisfied with Delhi government`s performance in last five years while 54 percent respondents said they were not satisfied.
Sixty-three percent respondents said they were dissatisfied with the Cong-led UPA government at the Centre, thus having a direct bearing on the outcome of the Delhi Assembly results, the poll suggested.
The national capital registered its highest-ever voter turnout of 65.86 percent in the keenly contested Assembly polls with men and women coming out in almost equal numbers to vote.
Delhi`s Election Commission said out of 1.19 crore eligible voters, over 78.1 lakh people exercised their franchise on December 04. The number of first-time eligible voters is 4.05 lakh.
In 2008 Assembly polls, the overall voting percentage was 57.58 while in 1993, it was 61.75 percent.
Ballot count will be held December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy