Congress, AAP following policy of minority appeasement: BJP
New Delhi: Slamming Congress and AAP for following a policy of "minority appeasement", BJP on Thursday alleged they were "sympathetic" to terrorists and trying to instill fear in the minds of minorities against it to win election in Delhi.
"Congress is a multi-communal party. They secretly support Naxalism and terrorism. Earlier it was soft toward terrorists, now they are sympathetic toward the,” said BJP`s Delhi election in-charge and former national president Nitin Gadkari while addressing a meeting of BJP Yuva Morcha here.
"Whether it is Afzal Guru`s case or Batla House encounter, Congress and AAP members frequently visited their homes. Both, Congress of AAP, follow the policy of minority appeasement," Gadkari said.
He was hinting at the Election Commission`s notice to AAP for an appeal for votes on religious grounds.
Gadkari said BJP will get two-third majority in upcoming Delhi Assembly polls.
"Congress has been cornered. People have lost their faith and this was seen in Rahul Gandhi`s rally in Delhi earlier this week. We will form government with two-third majority," he said.
"Congress politics is based on fear. They are using communalism and casteism to get votes. They instill fear in minds of minority by projecting BJP as villain," added Gadkari.
Terming Aam Admi Party as a "flop party", Gadkari said it has lost its credibility as Anna Hazare has raised questions on its functioning and does not have faith on it.
"AAP is a flop party, a frustrated party. They call it as a party of common people (aam aadmi), but it has given tickets to millionaires. Even Anna Hazare has no faith on the party," the BJP leader said.
Focusing on first time voters, BJP Yuva Morcha plans to conduct canvassing in metro trains and trade fair on weekend. Besides, a bike rally is also being planned by the party.
Gadkari asked youth members to highlight the failures of Delhi government among voters and tell people not to waste their votes on the "flop party".
"Delhi today is being recognised for many negative things. It is being called the rape city. It has broken all records of inflation. You (youth) should tell people about these issues," said Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015