Delhi election results 2013: As it happened
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In one of the most exciting outcome among the five states that went to polls in November and December, the results in Delhi Assembly Elections has surprised many with the first time entrant into the electoral arena, the Aam Aamdi Party putting up a good show.
While the Congress was facing a huge anti-incumbency and had to face a tough fight from the BJP and Congress, the defeat of three-time Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has come as a huge blow for the ruling party.
The BJP has won 32 seats, AAP 28, Congress 8 and others 2.
The counting for the largest turnout in Delhi - over 66 percent - began at 8 am. A total 11,993 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) have been kept under high security in 14 counting centres across the city.
Delhi Assembly Elections Result: Updates
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief