BJP releases populist manifesto in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday promised five percent reservation to Gujjars and to rehabilitate Hindus from Pakistan in a populist manifesto for the December 1 Rajasthan Assembly polls.
The manifesto, released in the presence of BJP president Rajnath Singh and Rajasthan`s chief ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje, promises five percent reservation for Gujjars, jobs for youth, development of educational infrastructure for minorities and rehabilitation of Pakistani Hindus among several other things.
"We will provide employment opportunities to 1.5 million youths. We will also ensure uninterrupted electricity supply 24 hours a day," Raje said after releasing the manifesto.
The manifesto also promises to provide loans to farmers on one percent interest rate and introduction of Agriculture Security Act.
Amid rising incidents of rapes and atrocities on women, BJP has promised to work towards security of women.
BJP has also promised to provide five percent reservation to socially backward castes like Gujjar, Rebari and Raika communities under the ninth schedule of the Constitution.
"If we come to power, Madrassas (Islamic seminaries) will be connected with vocational education. We will come up with a separate ministry for cow shelter, constitute a commission for middle class and provide loan upto Rs 20 lakh for registered unemployed youths at subsidized rates," Raje added.
Constitution of Police Welfare Boarda and mobile medical vans in remote rural areas are also some of the promises.
Rajnath Singh said that they will form the government in Rajasthan.
"Congress has not been able to live up to the expectations of the common men and has lost faith of people," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'