Rajasthan re-polling: 77% turnout recorded in 8 constituencies
Jaipur: Over 77 per cent of electors on Friday exercised their franchise in the repolling held at eight booths in Rajasthan after the Election Commission received complaints of irregularities during the December 1 polls.
The repolling was held in free and fair manner, and there was no untoward incident from anywhere, a CEO spokesman said.
Eight booths of Khetari, Alwar, Rajgarh-Laxmangarh, Nasirabad, Jhalawar, Jhotwara and Sirohi constituencies went on repoll.
Counting of votes in 199 constituencies, where polling took place on December 1, will take place on December 8.
Polling in Churu constituency, which was adjourned after the death of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal, will be held on December 13 and counting will be held on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India