Rajasthan re-polling: 77% turnout recorded in 8 constituencies
Jaipur: Over 77 per cent of electors on Friday exercised their franchise in the repolling held at eight booths in Rajasthan after the Election Commission received complaints of irregularities during the December 1 polls.
The repolling was held in free and fair manner, and there was no untoward incident from anywhere, a CEO spokesman said.
Eight booths of Khetari, Alwar, Rajgarh-Laxmangarh, Nasirabad, Jhalawar, Jhotwara and Sirohi constituencies went on repoll.
Counting of votes in 199 constituencies, where polling took place on December 1, will take place on December 8.
Polling in Churu constituency, which was adjourned after the death of BSP candidate Jagdish Meghwal, will be held on December 13 and counting will be held on December 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501