Those who aspire for top post should get their facts right: PM
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Taking on Narendra Modi and the BJP, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh while addressing a rally here said that unlike Opposition leaders, Congress leaders do not use un-parliamentary language.
"The Congress does not believe in negative politics and we do not use insulting words like BJP leaders," the PM said, adding, "Before you believe what the BJP leaders have to say, you must cross-check them, as they have a habit of twisting facts."
At the same time the PM asked people to stay away from a political party "hiding" it`s communal ideology by devising "new definitions" of secularism. He told the crowd at Ram Lila Maidan that the Congress was the only party that could keep the nation and society united and could lead the country on the path of progress.
In a apparent attack on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, the PM said that those who aspire for the top post should get their facts right. Congress leaders have been accusing the Gujarat CM of fudging facts and putting wrong figures in front of the people.
He also appealed to the crowd to vote for the Congress in the upcoming state elections in Rajasthan. "I appeal to you to again give the Congress majority in Rajasthan," the PM said adding, "We are happy to have fulfilled your promises."
Talking about his party`s concern for youth and employment the PM said, "Skill development is one of our priorities. We want the youth to get good employment."
Polling for the 200-member Rajasthan Assembly is scheduled on 01 December. The results will be declared on 08 December.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!