1,300 police officers promoted in Punjab
Jalandhar: Punjab government on Monday promoted around 1,300 police officers for their exemplary performance.
Presiding over a function here at PAP Complex, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said during the past three years Punjab Police has done an exemplary job, especially in seizing narcotics, busting militant modules and tackling law and order situation.
The government promoted 39 DSPs as SPs, 136 inspectors as DSPs, 246 Sub Inspectors as Inspectors, 305 ASIs as Sub Inspectors and 271 Head Constables as ASIs.
Badal also announced that 300 more Head Constables would be promoted as ASIs in the next two days.
Speaking on this occasion, Badal said, in the past three years, the state government took a series of steps including recruitment of more than 20,000 personnel at different levels of the police force.
Announcing a separate wing for NRI policing, Badal said the cabinet would soon take a decision on it and the wing would be under ADGP or IGP (NRI Affairs) with a dedicated NRI police force.
The state government has also planned to roll out new initiatives including a Rural Rapid Police Response System (RRPRS) under which police assistance would be made available in villages within 20 minutes, he said adding, Safe City Project in Ludhiana and Amritsar, Senior Citizen Helpline and NRI Helpline are some other measures likely to be implemented soon across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...