51,000 beneficiaries identified for house construction scheme
Chandigarh: Over 51,000 beneficiary families have been identified for a Haryana government scheme, which aims to provide `pucca houses` to poor families living in rural areas, an official spokesperson said on Tuesday.
"The process of registration and sanction of funds under the Priyadarshini Awaas Yojana to the listed beneficiaries is in full swing," he said.
The beneficiaries under the Rs 1,350 crore state-funded scheme, under which financial aid will be given to two lakh families in rural areas for them to construct their homes within two years, will get financial assistance of up to Rs 90,100.
District Rural Development Agency has been entrusted with the task of identifying the beneficiaries, he said.
Each of the beneficiaries will be given Rs 81,000 by the Haryana Rural Development Agency for the construction of house and an additional Rs 9,100 for construction of sanitary latrine, he said.
The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister at a state function in Karnal in June by handing over sanction letters to some eligible beneficiaries.
Initially, two lakh families are planned to be covered under PAY within a time span of two years (2013-15).
The total amount of Rs 90,100 will be given in three instalments -? Rs 25,000 in advance along with sanction letter, Rs 35,000 after construction of house up to lintel level and the rest on putting doors and windows in the house, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list