51,000 beneficiaries identified for house construction scheme
Chandigarh: Over 51,000 beneficiary families have been identified for a Haryana government scheme, which aims to provide `pucca houses` to poor families living in rural areas, an official spokesperson said on Tuesday.
"The process of registration and sanction of funds under the Priyadarshini Awaas Yojana to the listed beneficiaries is in full swing," he said.
The beneficiaries under the Rs 1,350 crore state-funded scheme, under which financial aid will be given to two lakh families in rural areas for them to construct their homes within two years, will get financial assistance of up to Rs 90,100.
District Rural Development Agency has been entrusted with the task of identifying the beneficiaries, he said.
Each of the beneficiaries will be given Rs 81,000 by the Haryana Rural Development Agency for the construction of house and an additional Rs 9,100 for construction of sanitary latrine, he said.
The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister at a state function in Karnal in June by handing over sanction letters to some eligible beneficiaries.
Initially, two lakh families are planned to be covered under PAY within a time span of two years (2013-15).
The total amount of Rs 90,100 will be given in three instalments -? Rs 25,000 in advance along with sanction letter, Rs 35,000 after construction of house up to lintel level and the rest on putting doors and windows in the house, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday