BJP demands probe into Delhi govt`s "regularisation scam"
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday demanded a probe into the allegations of massive scam committed by the Congress government in the state in the name of regularisation of unauthorised colonies.
BJP said that provisional regularisation certificates for 1,600 unauthorised colonies issued by the Delhi government have been found to be in blatant violation of Supreme Court directives.
Citing a CAG report on the regularisation of unauthorised colonies, state BJP president Vijay Goel said that the Congress government had effected a scam of Rs 2,800 crore through the scheme.
The CAG report clearly shows that no development work was carried out in these colonies even though the Delhi government claims it has spent Rs 2,800 crore on the same, Goel said in a statement here.
According to the CAG, Delhi government also violated SC`s orders as the boundaries for colonies were marked without due verification by the revenue department, Goel said.
Goel said that deserving beneficiaries were ignored as the certificates were issued without proper verification.
The boundaries of the colonies were determined as per the whims and fancies of the Congress government with even empty plots designated as regularised colonies, Goel charged.
"At least 160 such colonies were given provisional regularisation certificates which do not exist.
"This is a fraud on 60 lakh people in 1,600 colonies who were issued regularisation certificates but are still awaiting basic amenities while the Congress government spreads misinformation about bettering the lives of people," he said.
"Five years have passed since Congress president Sonia Gandhi distributed the provisional certificates on behalf of the Delhi government, but these colonies are still struggling for basic amenities," Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India