BJP demands probe into Delhi govt`s "regularisation scam"
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday demanded a probe into the allegations of massive scam committed by the Congress government in the state in the name of regularisation of unauthorised colonies.
BJP said that provisional regularisation certificates for 1,600 unauthorised colonies issued by the Delhi government have been found to be in blatant violation of Supreme Court directives.
Citing a CAG report on the regularisation of unauthorised colonies, state BJP president Vijay Goel said that the Congress government had effected a scam of Rs 2,800 crore through the scheme.
The CAG report clearly shows that no development work was carried out in these colonies even though the Delhi government claims it has spent Rs 2,800 crore on the same, Goel said in a statement here.
According to the CAG, Delhi government also violated SC`s orders as the boundaries for colonies were marked without due verification by the revenue department, Goel said.
Goel said that deserving beneficiaries were ignored as the certificates were issued without proper verification.
The boundaries of the colonies were determined as per the whims and fancies of the Congress government with even empty plots designated as regularised colonies, Goel charged.
"At least 160 such colonies were given provisional regularisation certificates which do not exist.
"This is a fraud on 60 lakh people in 1,600 colonies who were issued regularisation certificates but are still awaiting basic amenities while the Congress government spreads misinformation about bettering the lives of people," he said.
"Five years have passed since Congress president Sonia Gandhi distributed the provisional certificates on behalf of the Delhi government, but these colonies are still struggling for basic amenities," Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video