BJP`s consent taken in all decisions: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: A day after opposition Congress accused him of unilaterally taking decisions, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said Shiromani Akali Dal always takes consent of its coalition partner BJP in the government`s functioning.
"BJP`s consent is taken in every decision of the government. BJP ministers are also part of the cabinet," Sukhbir said here.
He was speaking at a function organised to give promotions to over 900 personnel of Punjab Police.
He also termed food security being brought in by the Centre as a "copy" of the `Aata-Daal Yojana` launched by his government.
"The food security bill being brought in by the Centre is a copy of our social scheme `Aata-Dal Yojana`, which we have been running for quite a long time," Badal said.
When asked whether the two schemes will be run simultaneously in the state once the food security law comes into effect, Badal said, "We have not taken any decision on it, and will take a call at the right time."
On the e-trip tax collection system, Sukhbir said he will only be able to say anything on the issue after meeting representatives of the business community tomorrow.
Sukhbir said the state government is mulling formation of a separate cadre of police to deal with the issues related to the NRIs. The investigation department will also be separated from the police set-up.
Sukhbir said a new law is into effect to check mushrooming of illegal colonies, and those found violating it will be penalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?