Congress blames TMC`s intimidation for poor performance
Kolkata: Opposition Congress on Monday blamed intimidation and the administration`s "support" for the Trinamool Congress as the primary reasons for its poor performance in the gram panchayat poll in West Bengal.
"How can Congress fare well in the gram panchayat election when our candidates faced intimidation and were made to withdraw from filing nominations?" WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said when asked to comment on the party`s poor performance in the gram panchayat results in most of the districts.
"The GP poll results did not reflect people`s choice," he asserted.
BJP`s state president Rahul Sinha described his party`s dismal performance in the gram panchayat poll as "mockery of elections" as mass mandate has not been reflected in the results announced so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you