Congress-CPI(M) `nexus` exposed: TMC
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress on Monday said that Congress-CPI(M) "nexus" and the "canards" against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee have been rejected by the people as evidenced by the results of the panchayat polls.
"People have exposed the nexus of uncle and nephew (CPI-M and Congress in Bengal). People have rejected the consistent attacks on Mamata Banerjee," TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
Chatterjee advised a section of the media not to give further "oxygen" to the CPI(M) and Congress which had already "outlived" their utility.
"The earthen lamps have been extinguished. Don`t try to light them again," Chatterjee, the Commerce and Industry minister, said.
According to the initial results of the panchayat polls declared so far, the ruling party surged ahead of opposition Left Front and Congress in 11 of 17 districts in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen