Congress-CPI(M) `nexus` exposed: TMC
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress on Monday said that Congress-CPI(M) "nexus" and the "canards" against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee have been rejected by the people as evidenced by the results of the panchayat polls.
"People have exposed the nexus of uncle and nephew (CPI-M and Congress in Bengal). People have rejected the consistent attacks on Mamata Banerjee," TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
Chatterjee advised a section of the media not to give further "oxygen" to the CPI(M) and Congress which had already "outlived" their utility.
"The earthen lamps have been extinguished. Don`t try to light them again," Chatterjee, the Commerce and Industry minister, said.
According to the initial results of the panchayat polls declared so far, the ruling party surged ahead of opposition Left Front and Congress in 11 of 17 districts in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics