Congress-CPI(M) `nexus` exposed: TMC
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress on Monday said that Congress-CPI(M) "nexus" and the "canards" against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee have been rejected by the people as evidenced by the results of the panchayat polls.
"People have exposed the nexus of uncle and nephew (CPI-M and Congress in Bengal). People have rejected the consistent attacks on Mamata Banerjee," TMC secretary general Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
Chatterjee advised a section of the media not to give further "oxygen" to the CPI(M) and Congress which had already "outlived" their utility.
"The earthen lamps have been extinguished. Don`t try to light them again," Chatterjee, the Commerce and Industry minister, said.
According to the initial results of the panchayat polls declared so far, the ruling party surged ahead of opposition Left Front and Congress in 11 of 17 districts in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?