DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till August 12
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here today extended till August 12, the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the case pertaining to quid pro quo deals involving the Kadapa MP.
Jagan, and other accused including his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy and former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, presently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here were produced before the court through video-link which extended their remand by another 14-days.
The court also extended the remand of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy till the same date.
The case relates to alleged investments made by industrialists and individual investors in Jagan`s firms when his father, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, by way of a quid pro quo for government favours.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges and has been lodged in Chanchalguda jail since then.
Former Andhra Pradesh ministers P Sabitha Reddy and Dharmana Prasada Rao, both accused in the case against Jagan, attended the court proceedings today.
The court, in the meanwhile, also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in the OMC illegal mining case through video-conference from the Chanchalguda jail, till August 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark