DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till August 12
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here today extended till August 12, the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the case pertaining to quid pro quo deals involving the Kadapa MP.
Jagan, and other accused including his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy and former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, presently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here were produced before the court through video-link which extended their remand by another 14-days.
The court also extended the remand of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy till the same date.
The case relates to alleged investments made by industrialists and individual investors in Jagan`s firms when his father, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, by way of a quid pro quo for government favours.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges and has been lodged in Chanchalguda jail since then.
Former Andhra Pradesh ministers P Sabitha Reddy and Dharmana Prasada Rao, both accused in the case against Jagan, attended the court proceedings today.
The court, in the meanwhile, also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in the OMC illegal mining case through video-conference from the Chanchalguda jail, till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city