DA case: Jagan`s judicial remand extended till August 12
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here today extended till August 12, the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the case pertaining to quid pro quo deals involving the Kadapa MP.
Jagan, and other accused including his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy and former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, presently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison here were produced before the court through video-link which extended their remand by another 14-days.
The court also extended the remand of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy till the same date.
The case relates to alleged investments made by industrialists and individual investors in Jagan`s firms when his father, the late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, by way of a quid pro quo for government favours.
Jagan was arrested by CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges and has been lodged in Chanchalguda jail since then.
Former Andhra Pradesh ministers P Sabitha Reddy and Dharmana Prasada Rao, both accused in the case against Jagan, attended the court proceedings today.
The court, in the meanwhile, also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in the OMC illegal mining case through video-conference from the Chanchalguda jail, till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers