Dejected over daughter`s affair, couple end life in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A couple allegedly committed suicide at their residence at Jagatgirigutta here as their daughter was reportedly in love with a boy belonging to another caste, police said on Sunday.
Rajaram (45) and Vasantha (40), last night hung themselves inside their room, police said.
In a suicide note which they have left behind, the couple state that they were humiliated within their community after their daughter refused to marry a boy from her own caste, sub-inspector Mahender Reddy said.
Their daughter instead wanted to marry a boy from another caste with whom she was in love, police said, adding that an investigation is on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?