Dejected over daughter`s affair, couple end life in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A couple allegedly committed suicide at their residence at Jagatgirigutta here as their daughter was reportedly in love with a boy belonging to another caste, police said on Sunday.
Rajaram (45) and Vasantha (40), last night hung themselves inside their room, police said.
In a suicide note which they have left behind, the couple state that they were humiliated within their community after their daughter refused to marry a boy from her own caste, sub-inspector Mahender Reddy said.
Their daughter instead wanted to marry a boy from another caste with whom she was in love, police said, adding that an investigation is on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah