Dejected over daughter`s affair, couple end life in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A couple allegedly committed suicide at their residence at Jagatgirigutta here as their daughter was reportedly in love with a boy belonging to another caste, police said on Sunday.
Rajaram (45) and Vasantha (40), last night hung themselves inside their room, police said.
In a suicide note which they have left behind, the couple state that they were humiliated within their community after their daughter refused to marry a boy from her own caste, sub-inspector Mahender Reddy said.
Their daughter instead wanted to marry a boy from another caste with whom she was in love, police said, adding that an investigation is on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report