Dejected over daughter`s affair, couple end life in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A couple allegedly committed suicide at their residence at Jagatgirigutta here as their daughter was reportedly in love with a boy belonging to another caste, police said on Sunday.
Rajaram (45) and Vasantha (40), last night hung themselves inside their room, police said.
In a suicide note which they have left behind, the couple state that they were humiliated within their community after their daughter refused to marry a boy from her own caste, sub-inspector Mahender Reddy said.
Their daughter instead wanted to marry a boy from another caste with whom she was in love, police said, adding that an investigation is on into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands