Guwahati: Gauhati High Court on Tuesday issued notices to the Election Commission and Assam Minister Akon Bora and others for alleged submission of wrong information by the minister while filing his nomination papers during the last two Assembly elections.
Justice Biplab Kumar Sharma also issued notices to the central and Assam governments and Gauhati university to file their responses on the allegation that the Minister for Social Welfare Department and Jails had submitted wrong information.
A writ petition in this connection was filed by one Dulal Bora alleging that the minister had submitted wrong information regarding his age, educational qualification, criminal antecedents and assets while filing his nomination papers for the assembly elections in 2006 and 2011.
The petitioner said that the minister had contested the last two polls from Dispur assembly constituency during which he provided false information in his affidavits.
The petitioner said that he had also filed an FIR in this connection with the Basistha police station and a complaint with the Election Commission but no action had been taken against him.
Justice Sharma after hearing the petition issued notice to all the respondents and fixed the next hearing of the case on August 19.