IAS official`s suspension: BJP seeks governor`s intervention
Ghaziabad: The Bharaiya Janata Party (BJP) in Uttar Pradesh Friday sought Governor BL Joshi`s intervention in revoking the suspension of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Durga Shakti Nagpal.
"His excellency is empowered to recommend the dismissal of the Samajwadi Party government in the state. If the governor ignores the issue then the BJP is bound to take it to the streets. An agitation would continue till the 2014 general elections," BJP`s state unit chief Laxmi Kant Vajpai said.
The BJP leader was on his way to Noida to participate in a protest against the suspension of the erstwhile sub-divisional magistrate of Noida.
Nagpal, who took on the sand mining mafia in Greater Noida (Gautam Budh Nagar), was suspended July 28. The UP government has, however, cited a different reason for her suspension. It said she was suspended for ordering demolition of a wall of a religious place in Noida.
Vajpai alleged that the IAS officer was suspended under pressure from sand mafia.
"The SDM was suspended under pressure from the sand mafia. UP Agro Chairman Narendra Bhati has publicly announced that he got the SDM suspended within minutes, which is now part of the evidence," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional