Kiran Bedi slams dead Delhi biker`s parents
Kolkata: Terming as "tragic" the death of a Delhi stunt biker who was shot dead by police, former police officer Kiran Bedi on Tuesday wondered why parents do not take responsibility for what their children are doing.
"In Delhi a young boy died...it is tragic. There are 2,000 parents who do not know what they were doing," Bedi told mediapersons during promotion of Bollywood film "Calapor" here.
"Why do parents not take any responsibility for what their children are doing," Bedi questioned.
Stunt biking by around 100 young men led to a tragedy in the heart of Delhi early Sunday when police opened fire, killing Karan Pandey, who was riding pillion on Punit Sharma`s motorcycle, police said. Sharma was injured.
Pandey`s mother Monday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into her son`s death.
Bedi said parents and teachers should play a key role in educating children about criminal offences.
"Shouldn`t they know that biking like this is a criminal offence?" asked Bedi.
Directed by Dinesh P Bhonsle, "Calapor" stars Bengali film actress Rituparna Sengupta and actor Priyanshu Chatterjee and promises to offer viewers a chance to zoom into what goes on behind bars.
Priyanshu will essay the role of a gangster who conspires to kill a sharp-shooter in jail.
Produced by Prasad Creations, the movie also features Raghubir Yadav, Harsh Chhaya, Binny Sharma, P Subbaraju and Aziz Naseer. It will be released Aug 2.
The movie, touted as a story of reformation, is in a modern day setting of a prison and deals with various intricate details of conspiracies in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city