Mid-day meal tragedy: Notice pasted at principal`s home
Chapra: A notice declaring as proclaimed offender the absconding principal of Dharmasati Gandaman Primary School, where 23 children had died after eating mid-day meal, has been pasted at her home, police said on Wednesday.
The notice asked the principal Meena Devi to present herself before the police immediately failing which the process of attachment of her property will start, Saran Superintendent of Police Sujeet Kumar told a news agency.
Meena Devi is an accused in the FIR filed in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy and has been on the run for over a week.
The SP said there is no time line for the process and police raids were on in different locations to net the principal.
Meena Devi has been charged in the FIR under IPC 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy). A probe report by Saran Commissioner Shashi Shekhar Sharma and DIG Vinod Kumar submitted to the government has found the principal responsible for the tragedy.
Meanwhile, the primary school, which has been tagged with the government middle school in the same village, is yet to start functioning at its new location.
District Education Officer Shyamdeo Paswan told a news agency that there were two teachers in the primary school, including the principal. The second teacher, who was absent on the day of the incident, is undergoing treatment for some medical problem in Patna.
He said in the rest of the schools in the district the mid-day meal programme is going on as per the new instructions of the government that includes mandatory provision of the principal and teacher tasting the food before it is served to the students.
Meanwhile, the 24 children and a woman cook Manju Devi admitted at Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) after the mid-day meal tragedy is still under observation.
"They will be in PMCH for another 4-5 days before the doctors are fully satisfied about their health," hospital superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered