No hand of mining mafia in SDM`s suspension: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday asserted there was no hand of mining mafia in the suspension of SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal, saying action was taken against her for getting wall of a religious place demolished, which led to communal tension in the area.
"Misconception has been spread that there is hand of mining mafia in suspension of the SDM. The fact is that she was suspended for getting wall of a religious place demolished in Kadalpur village in Raubpura area, Gautam Budh Nagar, without following legal process," Cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav told reporters in reply to a question.
"There was no problem to the land owner on construction of wall on his land, but some persons were conspiring to orchestrate communal riots there," Yadav said, defending the government`s decision.
The "conspirators", Yadav said, made false complaint to Nagpal that there was some dispute on construction of wall and the officer trusted them and got it demolished, leading to communal tension in the area.
"The government will not spare any lax officer and action has been initiated against Nagpal...There was no hand of mining mafia in the suspension," he said.
When asked whether suspension of Nagpal will be revoked, Yadav said, "No nothing as such now...It`s an administrative matter...".
Meanwhile, when asked about Nagpal`s suspension, UPCC president Nirmal Khatri said, "The said officer goes to the spot where a wall was being constructed and taking a highly emotional decision, orders pulling it down and we do not appreciate it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened