Solar scam: LDF ready for assembly polls, says CPI(M) state secretary
Kannur: The LDF is not looking to topple UDF government in the state but it was fully prepared to face assembly polls any moment if the situation warranted, CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said on Friday.
Addressing the LDF protest demanding resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in the context of solar panel scam here, Vijayan said a false propaganda was on that the LDF was making moves to bring down the (Chandy) government through "intrigues" as it feared facing elections now.
"This is utterly absurd. We are ready to face elections at this very moment, if that is required. We have already made it clear that the government would not be toppled through intrigues," the CPI(M) leader said.
Vijayan`s assertion assumes significance as there has been speculation that the LDF might back an alternative ministry if some of the UDF`s partners are willing to come out snapping ties with the Congress.
He said the government would fall on its own as its base had been "getting rotten" day by day. Chandy could not overcome the crisis gripping the ministry by cosmetic changes like a cabinet reshuffle, he said.
Vijayan said the LDF would carry on with its "day and night" agitation in the state capital and district headquarters till its goal was met.
The LDF has been demanding the resignation of Chandy following alleged links of some of his personal staff with the accused in the solar scam related to cheating investors after promising solar panel solutions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof