Sons asked to pay money for mother`s treatment
New Delhi: A Delhi court has asked two siblings to pay maintenance to their 72-year-old mother, who was forced to borrow money from her relatives to clear her hospital bill, or face strict action.
Additional Sessions Judge(ASJ) Yashwant Kumar directed the two sons to comply with the July 2011 order of the magisterial court by which each of them was directed to pay Rs 7,000 every month to their mother.
The court passed the order on an appeal moved by north west Delhi resident claiming that her sons did not pay her maintenance despite trial court orders two years ago.
She also said she was hospitalised on April 15 this year and incurred expenses of Rs 1.84 lakh, which were paid by her relatives as she herself has no source of income and hence moved the court seeking direction to her sons to deposit the amount, as decided, directly in her bank account or pay in cash.
"I am of the considered opinion that the appellant is the mother of the respondents and she has been hospitalised for her treatment for the diseases and paid the expenses of her medical treatment in the hospital after receiving the amount from her relatives and as per the averments made in the appeal, the respondents are not paying the regular interim maintenance to her.
"The respondents are directed to clear all the dues of interim maintenance awarded by the trial court on July 18, 2011 by August 10, 2013. The amount shall either be deposited in saving bank account or to pay cash failing which, the trial court shall take strict action against the respondents in accordance with law," the ASJ said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar