Sons asked to pay money for mother`s treatment
New Delhi: A Delhi court has asked two siblings to pay maintenance to their 72-year-old mother, who was forced to borrow money from her relatives to clear her hospital bill, or face strict action.
Additional Sessions Judge(ASJ) Yashwant Kumar directed the two sons to comply with the July 2011 order of the magisterial court by which each of them was directed to pay Rs 7,000 every month to their mother.
The court passed the order on an appeal moved by north west Delhi resident claiming that her sons did not pay her maintenance despite trial court orders two years ago.
She also said she was hospitalised on April 15 this year and incurred expenses of Rs 1.84 lakh, which were paid by her relatives as she herself has no source of income and hence moved the court seeking direction to her sons to deposit the amount, as decided, directly in her bank account or pay in cash.
"I am of the considered opinion that the appellant is the mother of the respondents and she has been hospitalised for her treatment for the diseases and paid the expenses of her medical treatment in the hospital after receiving the amount from her relatives and as per the averments made in the appeal, the respondents are not paying the regular interim maintenance to her.
"The respondents are directed to clear all the dues of interim maintenance awarded by the trial court on July 18, 2011 by August 10, 2013. The amount shall either be deposited in saving bank account or to pay cash failing which, the trial court shall take strict action against the respondents in accordance with law," the ASJ said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate