Sri Sri Ravi Shankar – Fact File
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation.
• Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation.
• The Art of Living Foundation aims to relieve individual stress, societal problems and violence.
• Sri Sri is an ambassador of peace, say his followers.
• In 2009, Sri Sri was named by Forbes Magazine as the fifth most powerful leader in India.
• In 1983, Sri Sri held the first Art of Living course in Europe in Switzerland.
• He opened a school in south of Bangalore for rural children; about 2000 children are provided free education there.
• In 1992, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar started a prison program to rehabilitate jail inmates and help them reintegrate into the mainstream.
• He visited Pakistan in 2004 and Iraq in 2007 and met with political and religious leaders to promote global peace.
• In 2013, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s foundation launched a nation-wide movement, “NONVIO”, which aims at eliminating violence.
• Compiled by Praveen PJ