Step down if you can`t digest criticism: BSP to Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Hitting out at Akhilesh Yadav for his remarks in response to Mayawati`s criticism of the state`s law and order, the BSP on Sunday said if the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister cannot digest criticism, he should either step down or work for improving the situation.
Party General Secretary Satish Chandra Mishra termed Akhilesh`s statement made yesterday as "irresponsible" and "shameful".
"We cannot say anything, neither can we stop (anyone from levelling allegations). You (media) tell them not to come here," Akhilesh had yesterday said after Mayawati`s barbs on his government over its handling of law and order.
Mishra said the Chief Minister`s statement, asking his opponents to leave the state for criticising the state government, is "shameful".
"If he (Akhilesh) cannot tolerate the truth then he should resign in public interest," Mishra said.
Alleging "mafia raj" in Uttar Pradesh, Mishra said officers working honestly are being punished in the form of transfers and suspensions, and the suspension of Gautam Buddh Nagar SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal, who had launched a campaign against mining mafia, is an example of it.
He said the BSP supremo Mayawati will continue to target the state government till the time the law and order situation improves in Uttar Pradeh.
Quoting Mayawati, Mishra said the criticism of memorials constructed in the name of Dalit and other icons from the backward category is misleading.
He said that the memorials are a "centre of faith" for downtrodden people and if Lohia Park can be developed by the SP regime, what is wrong in constructing memorials and parks in the name of dalit icons.
Mishra also rejected the allegation of SP government that nothing was done for the development of the state by the previous BSP regime, and listed out various initiatives launched during Mayawati`s tenure.
He said the SP government has set a wrong precedence by changing names of institutes named after dalit icons, and it will have to face its consequences in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in