TDP seeks Centre`s support to develop new capital
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party has asked the Centre to immediately constitute a committee of experts to assess the quantum of funds required to develop a new capital city for Andhra Pradesh state subsequent to the formation of Telangana state.
"According to our rough estimates, a staggering Rs 4-5 lakh crore will be required to build a new capital and comprehensively create necessary infrastructure. The new capital should be developed on par with Hyderabad," TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu told reporters here Wednesday.
Chandrababu placed a set of demands before the Centre to fulfil before completing the formalities related to formation of Telangana state.
"The Centre should provide full monetary support for building the new capital.
There are a number of central Public Sector Undertakings, research centres and premier educational institutions in Hyderabad. Similar institutions should be built in (new) Andhra Pradesh so that employment opportunities will be available for people of that region.
"Besides, the Centre should also settle issues related to water-sharing, power, revenue-sharing and jobs. All these things should be incorporated in the State Re-organisation Bill itself so that people across the regions will not be left with heartburn," Chandrababu said.
The experts committee should study all these issues, based on which the Centre should come out with a time-bound action plan and "perfect planning" for the development of a new capital city, he said.
The Union Budget currently was Rs 15 lakh crore and would touch Rs 25 lakh crore in the next ten years. Hence, funding should not be a problem, the former Chief Minister pointed out.
Simultaneously, efforts should be made to attract private investment as well to develop infrastructure and industries to create more jobs, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery