Two gets life imprisonment for friend`s murder
New Delhi: Two men have been sentenced to life term for murdering their friend in 2011 by a Delhi court which said they had not justification for taking the extreme step.
Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav awarded jail term to Vikas Tokas and Inderjeet for shooting dead their friend Lalit.
"... This seals the fate of accused Vikas as the prime accused responsible for murdering deceased Lalit. The conduct of Inderjeet makes him an active accomplice in the offence and thus, he too is equally liable for the offence of murder in light of the evidence on record and in view of the provision under section 34 (common intention) IPC," the court said.
According to the police, on July 5, 2011, the victim was found injured after being shot in a park by a man who had seen the two accused coming out from there and running. The witness had informed the cops at Vasant Vihar Police Station and the victim was taken to hospital where he died.
During investigation, Vikas and Inderjeet were arrested by the police and they denied their involvement in the case.
The court noted that as per the statement of victim`s mother and uncle, he was last seen alive in the company of the two accused.
Regarding motive of the murder, the court said it was "a bit hazy" which includes Inderjeet wanting to shift to the victim`s house but he was opposed to it.
It also said Lalit was unemployed and he was living on the earnings of the two accused and used to consume liquor and drugs from their money and this could be a reason of his elimination by them.
"These two facts may or may not individually constitute the motive but then both these facts coupled with the incident of the stolen mobile (of Inderjeet by the victim), if taken together may constitute convincing motive for his elimination.
"This is era of fast moving times, where everybody wants everything very quickly. Patience is a rare attribute and getting rarer everyday. The stress and strains of the modern day life have driven the persons crazy, who tend to lose temper at the drop of the hat. The rising incidents of the so called road rage leading to fatalities is a testimony into itself," the court said.
"The convicts have taken a life, a life which cannot be given back by them or by anybody.
There is seemingly no justification as to why such an extreme step was taken by them," the court observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India