Two members of Imam`s family murdered in Srinagar
Srinagar: Two members of an Imam`s family were killed while a third family member is battling for life after their throats were slit here on Wednesday, police said.
Imam of Iqbalabad (Bemina) mosque Ifftekhar Ahmad said he found his wife, son and daughter lying in pools of blood with slit throats when he reached home after offering the morning prayers, said police sources.
"They were shifted to a hospital where attending doctors pronounced the son and the daughter as brought dead," a senior police officer said.
"Doctors said the condition of the Imam`s wife was critical and they were doing their best to save her," the officer added.
The Imam belongs to the border town of Gurez in Bandipora district of north Kashmir.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot after the news spread in the area, triggering tension.
Police have registered a case of murder. Forensic evidence is being collected to nab the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!