The United States is wary of a French push for the UN Security Council to authorize a West African force to combat terrorism and trafficking in the Sahel region because it does not believe it is warranted and does not want the world body to help fund it.
The US is looking forward to host Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Washington later this month, the State Department has said.
Venezuela`s attorney general on Thursday mounted a fresh legal challenge against President Nicolas Maduro`s efforts to rewrite the constitution in a deadly political crisis.
President Donald Trump survived one of the biggest threats to his presidency when Thursday`s hugely awaited congressional testimony by the FBI chief he fired did not yield any explosive new disclosures about his campaign`s alleged ties with Russia.
Chimpanzees do not deserve the same rights as people, a New York state appeals court unanimously concluded on Thursday, as it refused to order the release of two of the animals to a primate sanctuary.
According to a federal grand jury indictment, although Panesar and Hastie have never worked at DHS.
Pakistan's top diplomat in the US was laughed at by a Washington audience when he repeatedly insisted that there are no safe sanctuaries for terrorists in Pakistan and that the Taliban leader, who reportedly died in a hospital in Karachi, never left Afghanistan.
Defense lawyers for Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was called into question by the 2014 podcast "Serial," will face off with Maryland prosecutors on Thursday to argue over whether he should get a new trial.
An Indian-origin lawyer died after he was hit by a train at a crossing in a northern California town.
A harrowing video of a man, who was fishing off the Florida Keys, being attacked by an 8-foot long reef shark has now come to fore.
US President Donald Trump offered on Wednesday to help resolve a worsening diplomatic crisis between Qatar and other Arab powers as the United Arab Emirates invoked the possibility of an economic embargo on Doha over its alleged support of terrorism.
A 17-year-old Venezuelan protester died in ferocious clashes between security forces and protesters in Caracas on Wednesday.
Donald Trump had raised the sensitive FBI probe into Russia`s alleged meddling in the US election in multiple discussions.
Watergate pales in comparison to the scandals engulfing Donald Trump and the Russia connection, former top US intelligence official James Clapper said on Wednesday ahead of a key Senate hearing in Washington.
Two US lawmakers have criticised a CNN anchor for allegedly "otherising" Indian-American national spelling champion Ananya Vinay by assuming that the 12-year-old is "used to using" Sanskrit due to her heritage, saying the US needs to get educated about Hinduism and India.
Donald Trump spoke to King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud over the phone.
At least four people including three police officers were killed in an hours-long prison shootout involving inmates and security forces in a northern Mexican border state.
Theunis Wessels' picture showing him mowing the lawn as a large tornado loomed on the horizon has taken the social media by storm.
Trump's decision to leave the Paris accord has drawn heavy criticism within the US and internationally, including in China.
The CCTV footage, which is being examined by the NYPD officials, shows a young man aged between 20-30 walking down the street when he notices the elderly gentleman and hits him with a cane.
The top-ranking diplomat at the US Embassy in Beijing has abruptly resigned, telling colleagues he is leaving the foreign service over disagreements with Trump administration policy, US officials has said.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says President Donald Trump has asked him to rebuild the US's relationship with Russia and not allow political turmoil over possible ties to his campaign to get in the way.
Former Secretary of State John Kerry says imposing new economic sanctions against Iran could back the country into a corner and that would be dangerous.
Trump's executive order with regard to travel ban for people coming from six Muslim majority countries has been shot down by the US judiciary.
Four Indians and one Pakistani have pleaded guilty to the charges for their role in a massive telephone impersonation fraud and money laundering scheme in the US perpetrated by India-based call centres, the US Department of Justice has said.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans