Recalling that BJP passed a resolution in 1996 in Kakinada favouring division of Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena Party chief Pawan Kalyan said it was not honouring the commitment.
Andhra Pradesh News
Political parties should do their "homework" instead of sticking to their demand of seeking special status for Andhra Pradesh, Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said.
There was utter bedlam in the Andhra Pradesh assembly on Friday as opposition legislators jostled with marshals near the speaker's podium and uprooted the mike.
723 people died of extreme heat wave conditions in Andhra Pradesh in the last four months, Deputy Chief Minister N China Rajappa has said.
Opposition YSR Congress stalled proceedings denouncing the Centre's announcement of a financial package for Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today welcomed Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's announcement of a financial package for Andhra Pradesh and said he would have been happier had the Centre granted special status to the state.
The Central government on Wednesday decided to provide special assistance to Andhra Pradesh.
Eleven-day long Ganesh festival began in Telugu states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Monday with religious fervour and devotion amid tight security.
Head of the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswati was discharged from a local hospital this morning after his health condition improved.
In a tragic incident, a pregnant woman was set ablaze in Andhra Pradesh's Nellore area.
At least seven persons including four children were killed today in two separate rain-related incidents following heavy downpour in the city since morning which has caused water-logging in many areas and brought traffic to a standstill in most parts of the city.
A cab driver allegedly attempted to rape an airhostess here, police said on Tuesday.
The Pontiff of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, Jayendra Saraswathi, was rushed to a hospital in Vijayawada, following a spurt in his blood pressure on Tuesday.
The Joint Action Committee for Social Justice, an umbrella body of students' groups at University of Hyderabad, has condemned the report by a one-man judicial commission that research scholar Rohith Vemula, who committed suicide early this year, was not a Dalit.
Watch it in order to believe it.
Andhra Pradesh government announced an ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh each to the kin of the 10 deceased.
The system uses the latest DNA technology tool called RapidHIT developed by IntegenX of USA.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) has urged Andhra Pradesh government to stop demolition of mosques and 'dargahs' for road widening works in the state.
In all, 170 bathing ghats have been readied in Kurnool, Guntur and Krishna districts for the Pushkaram.
A mob of "gau rakshaks" allegedly beat up two Dalits in East Godavari district after they skinned a cow which had died due to electrocution, police said on Tuesday.
Police asked him to surrender but he and his men started firing on the cops.
On August 05, demanding justice for their community, hundreds of Dalits and members of various civil rights organisations had began the 'Dalit Asmita Yatra'.
Owaisi said that one party is running a “'communal' shop while another one is running a 'secular' shop, but days of blind faith is over!”
Apparently, the footage shows a village in southern India.
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday charged Congress party of "adopting double standards and shedding crocodile tears" on Andhra Pradesh special status' issue and sought to know why the UPA government "delay the process till 2014" after it promised to create the separate state 10 years back.
"I am also serious. I will complete all things at the earliest," Naidu quoted Modi as telling him when they met in New Delhi this morning.
Sources said Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu told PM Narendra Modi that a special status was assured to Andhra Pradesh after its bifurcation by his predecessor Manmohan Singh.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday mounted an attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "betraying" people of Andhra Pradesh on the issue of granting special category status to the state.
State Minorities Commission for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is set to unleash an awareness campaign against ISIS by getting on board Imams of a large number of mosques across the two states to thwart the attempts of the terror group to lure youths.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Aadhaar not valid for travel to Nepal, Bhutan: Home Ministry