On August 2, Jaitley told the Lok Sabha that "the government stands by the commitments it has made in supporting Andhra Pradesh to the fullest".
Andhra Pradesh News
YSR Congress members on Thursday continued for the fourth day their protest in the Lok Sabha over the issue of granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress and Left parties extended support to the day-long shutdown called by YSR Congress.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely told the Rajya Sabha last week that Andhra Pradesh can't be granted special status but the Centre would handhold the state until it became economically stable.
A Singapore-based consultancy firm focusing on infrastructure and urban development is positioning to bid for downstream projects in Andhra Pradesh's capital city of Amaravati for which it has prepared a master plan.
The TDP has decided to launch protests to build pressure on the Centre over implementing the AP Reorganisation Act "in letter and spirit".
The issue of special status to Andhra Pradesh has been boiling in the state with several political parties, including the ruling TDP, is backing the proposal.
A bench was hearing a PIL filed by an activist who alleged that the AIMIM leaders made speeches which amounted to spreading communal disharmony.
Five persons, including two children, were today killed after the roof of a house collapsed due to incessant rains at Utapalavaram village in Kadapa district, police said.
YSR Congress Party and leaders of Left parties, including CPI and CPM, today demanded immediate withdrawal of Andhra Pradesh government's notification for land pooling for the proposed Machilipatnam Port and Industrial Corridor (MPIC).
Concerned over increasing number of accidents involving drunk drivers, police in Hyderabad and Cyberabad commissionerates are mulling to introduce "designated driver" concept.
The Congress vowed to raise the issue in the Upper House until voting takes place on the bill.
A bill seeking special category status to the reorganised state of Andhra Pradesh is expected to come up for voting in the Upper House on Friday.
Police have arrested boys who burnt alive three puppies in Hyderabad.
In an apparent blow to All India Majlis-eIttahadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi, the families of two of the seven alleged operatives of the Islamic State (IS) have turned down his offer providing legal aid to fight court battle.
"The court directed the police to book a case and accordingly the case was booked under section 124A (sedition)," Deputy Commissioner of Police Tafseer Iqubal told PTI.
The project for restoration of the over 400-year-old tombs complex started in 2013.
The Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education on Thursday (July 14, 2016) declared the AP SSC supplementary results 2016/AP 10th Class Supplementary examination results 2016.
Through a blog, which was published on a leading news website, the AIMIM chief explained the rational behind calling ISIS fighters 'the dogs from hell'.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslim (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi had made a scathing attack on the Islamic State and said that the members of the militant outfit were “dogs from hell”.
The two were arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation at Hyderabad for their involvement in terror conspiracy case.
Ten-year-old Hyderabad girl had been on ventilator support for over a week.
Andhra Pradesh Government today decided to issue Letters of Intent to five private universities for setting up their campuses in the State. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu here this afternoon.
Gaiety and religious fervour marked Eid-ul-Fitr in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
Four members of a family allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a salt creek at a village in East Godavari district in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Dismissing the Telangana government's allegation that it has violated copyright laws in submitting data to the Centre for 'Ease of Doing Business' (EoDB) presentation, the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday said the charge is baseless and slanderous.
A businessman here strangulated his wife, a Congolese national, cut the body into pieces and set them ablaze as he was suspecting her character, police said on Tuesday.
Five youths were arrested by NIA in Hyderabad on June 29, who they said were getting instructions from ISIS for planning and carrying out terror acts in India.
The National Investigation Agency has found an evidence proving a connection between the five Hyderabad youths it arrested on June 29 and the Islamic State (IS).
The five youth, who were sent to judicial custody for 14 days on Thursday, are currently lodged in Cherlapally Jail.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE