A city court on Thursday granted conditional bail to former RSS worker Swami Aseemanand in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case.
Andhra Pradesh News
In a major blow to opposition YSR Congress Party in Andhra Pradesh, its leader YS Vivekananda Reddy was defeated by the ruling TDP candidate in the state legislative council elections.
Ruling Telugu Desam Party on Monday stunned lone Opposition YSRC to win three seats of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council in the biennial elections from the Local Authorities Constituencies (LACs).
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take up the recent killings of Indians in the United States with the US authorities.
About 99 per cent polling was today reported in elections to the three Legislative Council seats from the Local Authorities Constituencies in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday thanked the central government for approving special assistance for the state.
The Andhra Pradesh government today presented its budget for the financial year 2017-18.
The opposition YSR Congress Party stayed away from Andhra Pradesh assembly on Tuesday when it took up a resolution to condole the death of a sitting legislator, who defected to the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
A sixteen member gang was arrested on Tuesday for trying to exchange old currency to new denominations.
Telangana on Monday presented a tax-free, revenue surplus budget for 2017-18, proposing an expenditure of Rs 1,49,446 crore, an increase of 14.59 percent over the previous year.
TDP leader Nara Lokesh, the son of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, was among the seven candidates who were elected unopposed to the Legislative Council under the MLAs' quota on Friday.
History was made in this new Andhra Pradesh capital on Monday with the beginning of first session of the state assembly and state council.
Two Muslim women from Hyderabad were divorced over WhatsApp and e-mail by their husbands.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today inaugurated the new Legislature building on the state government's transitional headquarters premises at Velagapudi in the capital region of Amaravati.
Nearly 40 people, including 30 school students, were injured in two separate road accidents in Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours today.
Two motor bike-borne persons were today bludgeoned to death with iron rods here after they were hit by a mini van, police said.
In a tragic incident, a woman died of shock on learning about her husband`s death in a road accident, soon after delivering a baby.
A FIR was registered against YSR Congress party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Wednesday for misbehaving with a government official and preventing him from discharging his duties, the Andhra Pradesh Police said.
At least 11 persons were killed and 30 injured when a private bus fell off a bridge into a canal in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh early Tuesday, officials said.
Veteran Congress leader and former Union Minister P. Shiv Shankar passed away here on Monday after prolonged illness. He was 88.
The body of Indian techie Srinivas Kuchibhotla, who was shot dead in the US last week in a suspected hate crime, was flown in here Monday night.
Hundreds gathered in Kansas city for a peace march and prayer vigil for slain Indian engineer Srinivas Kuchibhotla and two other victims of a US bar shooting.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu`s son N Lokesh appears set to be inducted in the state cabinet as the TDP politburo Sunday recommended his nomination to the state legislative council.
A white U.S. Navy veteran has been charged with killing an engineer from India and wounding two other men when he opened fire in a Kansas bar in what federal authorities were investigating on Friday as a possible hate crime that shocked the victim`s home country.
"Saddened to learn about the death of Srinivas Kuchibotla and injuries to Alok Madasani in Kansas," tweeted Naidu on Friday.
Andhra Pradesh's annual budget for 2017-18 would be presented to the State Legislature on March 13, Finance and Legislative Affairs Minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said on Wednesday.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao had vowed to make the offerings during the movement for separate Telangana state.
Drawing a parallel between the J Jayalalithaa case, which the Supreme Court disposed of today, and that of Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, the ruling Telugu Desam Party today demanded expeditious trial of the illegal assets case against the YSR Congress president.
Rohith Vemula, the research scholar of University of Hyderabad whose suicide in January 2016 triggered a nationwide uproar, was not a Dalit.
The Election Commission today issued a notification for filling up five seats in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council that fall vacant on March 29.
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- DNA: Why India is lacking behind many countries in World happiness index?
- DNA: Terror attack outside British Parliament
- DNA: Today in History, 22 March 2017
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- UK Parliament attack: Four including assailant dead, at least 20 injured
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'