Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Sunday said "stringent action" will be taken against those found responsible for the derailment of Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Hirakhand Express today which has killed at least 39 people.
Andhra Pradesh News
At least 39 people were killed and 69 injured when engine and nine coaches of Jagdalpur -Bhubaneswar Hirakhand Express jumped the tracks in Andhra Pradesh's Vizianagaram district.
Rich tributes were paid to TDP founder and former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister NT Rama Rao on his 21st death anniversary on Wednesday.
Protests rocked the University of Hyderabad on Tuesday as police stopped students and activists from entering the campus on the first anniversary of research scholar Rohith Vemula`s suicide.
The Supreme Court today refused to pass any fresh order to stop cockfights in Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has urged the Centre to first start the e-Governance and IT related projects in Andhra Pradesh as the state has already developed necessary infrastructure for its implementation.
The water level in Chennai's reservoirs was very low, Chief Minister O Panneerselvam in his letter to his Andhra Pradesh counterpart N Chandrababu Naidu said.
Kakinada MP Thota Narasimham has said Rs 1,000 crores will be spent in the next five years on?the beautification of Kakinada city that has been selected to be developed as a 'Smart city'.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the five-day annual Indian Science Congress at the Sri Venkateswara University.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit offer prayers at the Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple during his Tirupati visit on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will offer worship at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on January 3.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had survived a claymore mine attack by Maoists on October 01, 2003, in Tirupati.
The cause of the explosion is not yet known, District Superintendent of Police Vishal Gunni said.
Andhra already has a database of this sort.
A court in Sangareddy town on Thursday acquitted AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi and four legislators of his party, who included his brother too, in a case related to demolition of a mosque 11 years ago.
A 75-year-old Yadireddy realised that he was earning more than what he needs.
Posing as CBI officials, four unidentified persons looted 45 kg gold from Muthoot Finance in Hyderabad on Wednesday, the city police said.
Problems caused by demonetisation are "easing out" and the move will eventually benefit the nation, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu stressed here today, days after he said the decision was not as per "our wish" and that he had to "break his head" to find solutions.
The High Court at Hyderabad on Monday upheld the ban on cockfighting and directed the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana governments to ensure no cockfights take place during the Sankranti festival.
The High Court at Hyderabad extended the ban on cockfights wholly and not just during the Sankranti festival in January.
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe on Thursday offered prayers at the Lord Venkateshwara temple at Tirumala here.
The special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court here is due to pronounce quantum of sentence in connection with 2013 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case on Monday.
A special anti-money laundering court here has confirmed an attachment of assets order worth over Rs 749 crore issued by the ED against YSR Congress chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, his wife and others in a money laundering case.
Authorities went into a tizzy after smoke was noticed emanating from a bus carrying Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu here today.
Authorities went into a tizzy after smoke was noticed emanating from a bus carrying Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu here on Friday.
Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and four other men were held guilty on Tuesday in connection with the 2013 Hyderabad twin bomb blasts case by a special NIA court, in the first ever conviction of banned outfit’s cadres in a terror case.
In a major development, banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen's (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and four others were on Tuesday convicted for their role in 2013 Dilsukhnagar blasts in then Andhra Pradesh.
Two persons were killed overnight in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh due to cyclone Vardah as heavy rains lashed the region, officials said.
The railway authorities on Monday cancelled or diverted several trains ahead of severe cyclonic storm Vardah which is set to make landfall near Chennai.
Vardah is the fourth major cyclone to spin out of the Bay of Bengal and hit India this year, after Roanu, Kyant and Nada. Here is how the tradition of naming cyclones began with hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Today in History, 21st January, 2017
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and BR Ambedkar's name as election agenda?
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and B.R. Ambedkar's name as election agenda? Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values Part IV
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Ukraine and sores of Black Sea looks spectacular from space station!
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- IND vs ENG, 3rd ODI, PREVIEW: Kohli & Co target clean sweep
- Rashtrapati Bhavan unhappy at President's photos appearing in Congress hoardings
- Pakistan returns Indian soldier Chandu Chauhan in 'goodwill gesture'
- BJP releases list of UP star campaigners; names of Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Vinay Katiyar missing
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: 'BJP would gain if Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance fails'