New Delhi: The internet search giant Google launched its UPI- based digital payment application for India,Tez, on Monday. The app is available on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple app store.
Here are 5 key things you must know about the app:
1) The application allows its users to make payments for the goods and services and even person-to-person transactions, both online and offline.
2) There is no option to store money in a wallet as such on the Tez app. You can also pay someone who does not have a Tez app, but he needs to have a valid UPI address.
3) Tez works with all major Indian banks and with a vast majority of smartphones.
4) Tez offers language support for English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
5) As per a report in technology website Techcrunch, there is a limit of Rs 1,00,000 on the transaction amount in one day and you can do up to 20 transactions in a day. For business users having a current account associated with Tez business app, the limit is Rs 50,000 per month with UPI and no fees.