New Delhi: WhatsApp has officially started testing verified business accounts on its platform, media reports have said.
The WhatsApp business accounts is aimed at a monetization bid though the instant messaging has claimed it will not be putting “ads in the product”.
Here is all you want to know about WhatsApp verified business and how it works
- Some business accounts have been verified by WhatsApp.
- If you see a green badge next to a contact's name, it means that WhatsApp has confirmed that the phone number of this contact belongs to a business account.
- WhatsApp will also let you know when you start talking to a business via yellow messages inside a chat.
- But there is no way to delete these messages from the chat.
- If you already have a business's phone number saved in your address book, the name you will see is the name you have saved in your address book.
- If you don't have a business's phone number saved in your address book, the name you will see is the name the business has chosen for themselves.
- However, if you'd like to stop a business from contacting you, you can block them.