New Delhi: Ever regretted sending a WhatsApp message to someone and wished you could delete it?
The popular Internet-based messaging service is now making that possible with its latest update.
Deleting messages for everyone allows you to delete specific messages you have sent to either a group or an individual chat.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about the WhatsApp delete for everyone feature.
- You can only delete messages for everyone for up to seven minutes after sending. Once seven minutes have passed, there is no way to delete messages for everyone.
- In order for messages to be successfully deleted for everyone, both you and your recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.
- If you or your recipient are not using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone, this feature will not be supported.
- Recipients may see your message before it's deleted or if deletion was not successful.
- You will not be notified if deleting for everyone was not successful.
- Messages you successfully delete for everyone will be replaced with "This message was deleted" in your recipients' chats
- Similarly, if you see "This message was deleted" in a chat, it means that the sender deleted their message for everyone.