The UN Human Rights Council on Thursday adopted a China-led resolution on "The Contribution of Development to the Enjoyment of All Human Rights, the first time it had adopted a resolution on development issues, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
Wu Xiaobin, captain of the local fire department, confirmed the first deaths to state broadcaster CCTV hours after the avalanche of rock hit the village of Xinmo in Sichuan province.
Pakistan was in a state of shock after weeks of relative peace as terrorists struck at three cities, killing 62 people and wounding over 100, prompting the army to launch a countrywide crackdown on militants.
Tens of thousands of patients have been left in the lurch by a doctor-led strike at Sri Lanka`s state-run hospitals, a consumer rights group said on Saturday.
The casually dressed former president arrived in the resort island of Bali with his wife Michelle and their two daughters, a local military commander said.
Isnilon Hapilon, a veteran Filipino militant said to be the leader of the Islamic State (IS) group in Southeast Asia, has not been seen in the battle zone in Marawi City, said Lieutenant General Carlito Galvez, head of the military's Western Mindanao Command.
Thai authorities on Saturday detained an activist attempting to mark the 1932 revolution that ended absolute monarchy, police said, a historical event that has become increasingly taboo under an ultra-royalist junta.
At least 16 people were killed on Saturday when a truck carrying labourers veered off the road in Bangladesh`s Rangpur district, police said.
Dozens of people were killed and more than 100 were injured in the two separate attacks.
The month of fasting ends with the Eid-al-Fitr holiday, expected to be on Sunday. Saudi monarchs usually spend the last 10 days of Ramadan in Mecca.
Some 40 homes in the village of Xinmo were swallowed by the cascading debris after the side of a mountain collapsed, blocking a two kilometre (one mile) stretch of river, according to a statement from the Maoxian government news office.
President Donald Trump recently authorized his defense secretary, Jim Mattis, to add several thousand more U.S. troops to Afghanistan, primarily tasked to train and advise Afghan forces.
The indigenous missile known as Hyunmoo-2 has an estimated range of 800 Kilometers that covers all of the North, and will be deployed following two more tests.
The explosions targeted people shopping in the area and those heading out of the city ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr, local political administration officials said.
Ahmadiyas were declared non-Muslim in 1974 by the government of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and were further deprived through an Anti-Ahmadiya Ordinance in 1984 promulgated by then military dictator General Zia-ul-Haq.
The comments published by KCNA were North Korea's first reaction to Otto Warmbier's death in a US hospital Monday after it released him for what it called humanitarian reasons.
About 12 to 15 suicide bombers carried out an attack in the village of al-Baghdadi about 140 km west of Ramadi, the capital of al-Anbar province, killing eight civilians and two soldiers.
Saudi security forces shot dead a wanted man in the Muslim holy city of Mecca on Friday and arrested several others.
Iraqi forces battled their way along two streets that meet in the heart of Mosul`s Old City on Friday.
Another twin explosion rocked the Parachinar area of Pakistan on Friday killing at least 15 people and injuring dozens.
At its meeting in Spain's Valencia, FATF, a Paris-based organisation which sets standards for banks globally, closely scrutinised Pakistan's record on terror financing.
The demands have not been officially unveiled but Doha-based Al-Jazeera news channel said overnight Thursday they were handed to Qatar by Kuwait, which is mediating in the crisis.
A suicide bomber blew up his explosive-laden car near the office of the regional police chief in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province today, killing at least 13 people, including six policemen, and injuring 20 others.
President Donald Trump has slammed the treatment of 22-year-old American Otto Warmbier, who spent more than a year in detention in the secretive state, as "a total disgrace".
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans