The main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) on Monday announced a countrywide demonstration on Wednesday to protest the conviction of party's senior vice chairman Tarique Rahman in a money laundering case.
Amid security concerns over the construction of the USD 46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, Pakistan today vowed to take steps to facilitate its 'smooth progress'.
Pakistan was on Monday dismissive of India's move to withdraw children of diplomats and High Commission officials from schools in the country, describing it as an 'informal, internal, administrative' arrangement.
He reiterated his plans to shift to a federal form of government that devolves power from central government to the regions,.
Police inspector Jasim Uddin, who is investigating the death, said senior mill employees had been "angry" with the boy and his father who also worked there for entering a restricted area.
Nepal's President Bidya Devi Bhandari on Monday removed constitutional impediment in the formation of a new government under the Transitional Provisions of the Constitution, and paved the way for a successor to assume office after the incumbent prime minister stepped down.
At least 53 militants were killed in past 24 hours during military operations in Afghanistan, the Defence Ministry said on Monday.
The attack took place at Beijing Badaling Wildlife World, when one of the women left the vehicle following an altercation.
Undoubtedly, he's amazingly talented!
National Security Advisor Susan Rice called for "candour and openness" before talks with Chinese leaders during the highest-level US visit to Beijing since an international tribunal rejected China`s vast maritime claims.
With K.P. Sharma Oli resigning as Nepal`s Prime Minister, President Bidhya Devi Bhandari will now call upon political parties to form a consensus government within the next seven days, local media reports said.
Top envoys from China and North Korea held talks on the sidelines of a regional summit in Laos as tensions run high on the Korean peninsula over Pyongyang`s nuclear programme.
Ramped-up international sanctions on North Korea have inadvertently disrupted the already challenging work of aid agencies there, those in the field say, with risk-averse banks refusing to transfer funds needed to keep operations running.
The boat carrying 62 people -- all Indonesians and thought to be illegal immigrants -- capsized due to strong waves late on Saturday night.
CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal aka 'Prachanda' was on Sunday all set to make a comeback as Prime Minister of Nepal, a week after the Nepali Congress and Madhes-based parties pledged to throw their weight behind him.
This man is incredibly entertaining!
Two more parties abandoned Nepal's ruling coalition ahead of a no-confidence vote later Sunday against prime minister K.P. Sharma Oli that he appears likely to lose.
In a strong attack on Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for his statements on Kashmir, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday blasted him by making strong statements.
As many as 225 people have been killed or missing in heavy torrential rains and floods that have wreaked havoc in China with about 2.5 lakh people still trapped in the central Hubei Province.
Turkey has detained a nephew of US-based preacher Fethullah Gulen after last week`s failed coup, state-run media reported Saturday, the first time one of the his relatives has been apprehended in the current crackdown.
Heavy rain in China has killed at least 87 people and forced 16 million from their homes, state media reported on Saturday.
The Boeing 777 vanished for unknown reasons on March 8, 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people aboard.
Turkey detained 283 members of the presidential guard of Recep Tayyip Erdogan after last week`s attempted coup, a government official said on Friday.
Advocate Abdul Hameed filed the petition today in the Lahore High Court on the ground that "innocent" people were killed in Kashmir on the "orders" of PM Modi.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday expressed concern over the law and order situation in Jammu and Kashmir during a high-level meeting here called to discuss regional security.
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'
- RSS must come clean on funds collected on Guru Purnima: Digvijaya Singh
- Usain Bolt accuses rival Justin Gatlin of `disrespect`
- Munich mall killer was quiet boy obsessed with killing sprees
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Joe Root, Chris Woakes star on Day 2
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur, UP
- Pak condemns Kabul terror attack
- Brazil police arrest man suspected of Olympics attack plans
- 1st Test, Day 3: India push wilting West Indies to verge of heavy defeat
- Bank hacks raise fears of cyber attacks
- Olympics: Medal-deprived India battles poor facilities
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track