Beijing-Shanghai railway line is China's busiest route, used by 50,5000 passengers daily.
Liu was jailed for 11 years in 2009 for "inciting subversion of state power" after he helped write a petition known as "Charter 08" calling for sweeping political reforms.
The madrasa tradition dates back almost a thousand years, but within Pakistan, there has been a boom in their numbers over the last two to three decades.
The White House said on Monday it appears the Syrian government is preparing for another chemical weapons attack and it warned Syrian President Bashar al-Assad he and his military would "pay a heavy price" if it conducts such an attack.
U.S. President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi called North Korea`s pursuit of nuclear and ballistic missile programs a "grave threat" to global peace, the White House said in a statement after a meeting of the two leaders on Monday.
Nearly 6,500 houses collapsed and 60,000 were damaged. About 468,800 hectares of farmland was flooded and 45,200 hectares of crops were destroyed.
The attacks come as Iraqi forces continue to move in on the last pocket of territory the militants hold in the Old City.
On June 1, Afghanistan cut its cricketing ties with Pakistan after blasts in Kabul killed 90 people and injured 463 others.
Liu Xiabao, who had about three years of his 11-year sentence to serve, was diagnosed with cancer on May 23 and was released days later.
Pakistan has deployed a special military force of 15,000 for the protection of Chinese working on CPEC and other similar projects.
Villagers in China visited what used to be their relatives` homes on Monday to mourn loved ones lost when a landslide swept down a mountain, with little hope of finding anyone alive after more than 48 hours of fruitless searching.
From its sprawling steppes to its capital and even in yurts serving as polling stations, people began to vote in the landlocked country sandwiched between Russia and China that was once viewed as an oasis of democracy full of economic promise.
The explosion ignited early on Sunday as crowds ignored warnings to stay away from the tanker which had overturned on a main highway from Karachi to Lahore, spilling some 40,000 litres of fuel.
US Pentagon chief Jim Mattis has labelled North Korea as "the most urgent and dangerous threat".
The attacks targeted Hay al-Tanak, a poor neighborhood west of the Old City, the last stronghold of the militants in Mosul. as
The polls mainly involve candidates from three leading parties, who have offered different measures to ease the government's mounting debt pressure if elected to office, Xinhua news agency reported.
Israel seized 1,200 square kilometres of the Golan from Syria in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed it in a move never recognised by the international community.
Israel has announced Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to the country next week, which is the first ever by any Indian Prime Minister.
A huge landslide crashed down on the village of Xinmo, in mountainous Sichuan province, as dawn broke on Saturday.
The Islamic State captured Mosul and announced a new caliphate there in June 2014.
Pakistan has been battling Islamist and nationalist insurgencies in mineral-rich Balochistan since 2004, with hundreds of soldiers and militants killed in the fighting.
"We consider these demands are against international law," Erdogan.
The attack took place after the Taliban militants stormed a check post in Chesht district of the province.
Pakistani army on Sunday again violated ceasefire by firing from automatic weapons and shelling mortars along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has described the ongoing case in the Panama Papers Leaks case as a joke, rather than as an effort on accountability.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans