Heavy rain caused the side of the mountain to collapse onto the riverside village in the early morning, according to authorities.
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt had imposed a boycott on Qatar, accusing it of supporting terrorism.
State media had earlier reported that 141 people may have been buried but later the figure was revised.
The death toll from multiple attacks in Pakistan rose to 73, officials said Saturday, a day after the bomb and gun assaults in three cities shook the country as it prepared to mark the end of Ramadan, Islam`s holiest month.
An attempt by government troops to arrest Hapilon in Marawi on May 23 triggered a rampage by Islamist militants flying black IS flags and backed by some foreign fighters who seized parts of the mainly Muslim city.
The device could also be used on civilian and military aircraft as a "high performance equipment and technical solution to resources mapping, civil engineering, archaeology and national defence.
Saudi Arabia and its allies have put enormous pressure on Qatar to meet their demands.
Around 4,000 people participated in the demonstration, the largest since South Korea and the United States agreed to deploy the system, known as Terminal High-Altitude Area Defence (THAAD).
UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash told reporters that diplomacy, however, was still a priority.
A faction of Pakistan-based sectarian militants Lashkar-e-Jhangvi on Saturday claimed responsibility for twin bombs that hit a market in the northwestern town of Parachinar, killing at least 50 people ahead of the holiday marking the end of Ramadan.
The UN Human Rights Council on Thursday adopted a China-led resolution on "The Contribution of Development to the Enjoyment of All Human Rights, the first time it had adopted a resolution on development issues, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
Wu Xiaobin, captain of the local fire department, confirmed the first deaths to state broadcaster CCTV hours after the avalanche of rock hit the village of Xinmo in Sichuan province.
Pakistan was in a state of shock after weeks of relative peace as terrorists struck at three cities, killing 62 people and wounding over 100, prompting the army to launch a countrywide crackdown on militants.
Tens of thousands of patients have been left in the lurch by a doctor-led strike at Sri Lanka`s state-run hospitals, a consumer rights group said on Saturday.
The casually dressed former president arrived in the resort island of Bali with his wife Michelle and their two daughters, a local military commander said.
Isnilon Hapilon, a veteran Filipino militant said to be the leader of the Islamic State (IS) group in Southeast Asia, has not been seen in the battle zone in Marawi City, said Lieutenant General Carlito Galvez, head of the military's Western Mindanao Command.
Thai authorities on Saturday detained an activist attempting to mark the 1932 revolution that ended absolute monarchy, police said, a historical event that has become increasingly taboo under an ultra-royalist junta.
At least 16 people were killed on Saturday when a truck carrying labourers veered off the road in Bangladesh`s Rangpur district, police said.
Dozens of people were killed and more than 100 were injured in the two separate attacks.
The month of fasting ends with the Eid-al-Fitr holiday, expected to be on Sunday. Saudi monarchs usually spend the last 10 days of Ramadan in Mecca.
Some 40 homes in the village of Xinmo were swallowed by the cascading debris after the side of a mountain collapsed, blocking a two kilometre (one mile) stretch of river, according to a statement from the Maoxian government news office.
President Donald Trump recently authorized his defense secretary, Jim Mattis, to add several thousand more U.S. troops to Afghanistan, primarily tasked to train and advise Afghan forces.
The indigenous missile known as Hyunmoo-2 has an estimated range of 800 Kilometers that covers all of the North, and will be deployed following two more tests.
The explosions targeted people shopping in the area and those heading out of the city ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr, local political administration officials said.
Ahmadiyas were declared non-Muslim in 1974 by the government of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and were further deprived through an Anti-Ahmadiya Ordinance in 1984 promulgated by then military dictator General Zia-ul-Haq.
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Vodafone users can get 45GB additional 4G data for 5 months on recharge of 1GB – Know how
- Prabhas at Karan Johar’s bash: Here’s how Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor addressed him