A search and rescue team on Sunday recovered black box of Sukhoi 30 aircraft.
The wreckage of Sukhoi-30 MKI jet was found after four days of search mission on Friday.
He laid the foundation by pressing the remote button at the Sarusajai Stadium here this evening but did not speak on the occasion.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched agro-marine processing scheme SAMPADA to promote food processing and create job opportunities for the youth.
He said his government is working to bring rapid development to all corners of India.
One person was killed in an explosion in the tea and oil rich Dibrugarh district of Assam on Thursday ahead of a visit by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate a 9.15 kilometre-long bridge over the Brahmaputra river.
The Dhola-Sadia bridge is 3.55 km longer than the Bandra-Worli sea link in Mumbai, making it the longest in India.
A Sukhoi-30 fighter jet of Indian Air Force (IAF) has gone missing after losing radio and radar contact. Search operations are on.
This was the first case to be taken up by the NIA in Assam in 2009.
The incident took place in Budgam area of Kashmir. The decision had helped save lives.
Assam Governor Banwarilal Purohit on Saturday said positive attitude, strong determination and judicious time management can lead to a successful life.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has directed the state chief secretary and director general of police to take stern action against misuse of social media to malign the image of personalities and publication of fabricated information.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday approved the setting up of an agriculture research institute in Assam, to help spur growth in north eastern states.
The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN), a Britain-registered charity, has announced the shortlist of six finalists for the Whitley Awards 2017.
Committed to unleash the true potential of the North East, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said there has been significant improvement in the security situation of North East over the past years.
On the order of the Supreme Court, the Kokrajhar Police with the permission of the Kokrajhar High Court on Tuesday burnt and destroyed at least 40 quintal tobacco, 800 kg of Ganja, 1,400 bottles of phensedyl and 465 kg of intoxicants in premises of former MLA Pradip Kumar Bramhho.
"Spiritual institutions could energise the youth by imparting teachings that will give purpose to life and guide people to serve society with deep sense of social responsibility," Sonowal said.
"ULFA-I is still recruiting youths from different parts of Assam and its commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah is conducting it from Myanmar," the DGP said.
"My government will take the initiative to set up 'Act East' department to implement the Prime Minister's vision to connect the North East with South East Asia," Sonowal said.
As per the schedule, the last date of filing nomination will be on May 19, scrutiny of nomination papers will take place on May 20.
Over a thousand children below the age of five have been crippled by fluorosis over the last six years in Hojai in Assam.
A 47-year-old SSB officer was killed on Tuesday in a shootout with National Democratic Front of Bodoland-S militants in Assam's Chirang district, an official said.
The Assam Police on Saturday rescued as many as 75 drugged stray dogs in Samaguri area here.
The AFSPA has been continuing in Assam since November 1990.
The Assam government will recommend to the Centre disqualification of MLAs and MPs who do not adhere to the proposed two-child norm, Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Thursday.
State Railway Minister Rajen Gohain flagged off the first train from Dibrugarh in an opening ceremony on Sunday.
Two people were detained by the Nagaon Police in connection with the mob lynching of two suspected cow thieves and an interrogation is underway.
The development follows Congress' failure to form its government in Goa despite having emerged as the single largest party in the assembly election this February.
Noted educationist, economist, litterateur and quizmaster Dilip Kumar Barua died here on Friday after a brief illness, his family sources said.
"All gram panchyats in Assam will be connected through optical fibre network by this financial year. There are 1,518 gram panchyats in Assam and 1,060 have already been covered," BSNL said.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Mumbai suffers from water logging due to monsoon rains
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar