The Army conducted operations in East Karbi Anglong District of Assam to flush out terrorists based on intelligence inputs, a Defence spokesman said today.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said his government has earmarked Rs 2,000 crore for rapid development of the Barak Valley.
At least four persons were killed and over 20 others injured when several houses in Assam`s Golaghat district caught fire due to a gas tanker accident, a police official said on Tuesday.
"The sum of Rs 2,000 crore is huge. All political leaders, officials and others should be brought under the ambit of the investigation," AGP said.
Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh today announced nine new Passport Seva Kendras would be set up in Assam soon.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today directed the revenue and disaster management department to release funds for providing relief to people affected by the recent storm that hit several districts in the state.
Taking a cue from 'Namami Devi Narmade' programme of Madhya Pradesh government, Assam will now launch 'Namami Brahmapurta' campaign in the north-eastern state from March 31 to April 4.
The Centre today agreed to pay Rs 6,320 crore to the Assam government as crude oil royalty as part of an out of the court settlement after eight years of protracted legal battle.
A total of Rs 189 crore was sanctioned for Nagaon medical college, which will be the ninth in the state, Nadda said.
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda today inaugurated the Cancer Hospital attached to the Gauhati Medical College (GMC) here.
Only a sub-inspector or an officer above that rank could demand production of documents.
A Facebook post by a girl in Jorhat about her alleged sexual harassment by a group of motorcycle-borne people has triggered wide spread protests across the BJP-ruled state with hundreds of students coming out in support of the victim.
Bulgarian Ambassador to India Petko Doykov today called on Assam Industries and Commerce minister Chandra Mohan Patowary and discussed several issues on investment in Assam.
Assam government today said it will consider the inclusion of various tribal dominated areas under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has been accorded a 'Z+' VVIP security cover of NSG black cat commandos by the centre owing to threats from insurgents and militants like the ULFA and Bodo.
A total of 52,560 persons have lost their lives in various crimes during the 15 years of Congress rule in Assam, the state Assembly was informed on Monday.
Assam government today said that over the last six months over 3,500 families have been evicted from various places they had encroached upon across the state.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Saturday said big business players are taking a keen interest in the state as the government is making all out efforts to create an investor-friendly environment.
Former Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today alleged that insurgency has increased in Assam after the BJP-led government came to power in the state.
"I declare that Hitendra Nath Goswami is elected as Speaker of the House unanimously," Assam Assembly Deputy Speaker Dilip Kumar Paul said.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonwal on Thursday said that his government will continue to fight insurgency after a series of explosions were reported in this north-eastern state.
Seven explosions took place on Thursday in three districts of Assam, with police sources blaming the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA).
Two soldiers of the Assam Rifles were killed on Sunday when militants ambushed a convoy on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said.
Two soldiers of Assam Rifles were killed and two others injured on Sunday when militants ambushed a convoy near Jairampur on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said.
Militants ambushed an Assam Rifles vehicle, triggering an encounter along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border on Sunday morning.
A senior trained cadre of ULFA(I), Gagan Hazarika alias Joydeep Cheleng, was remanded in NIA custody after he was produced in a special court.
"Future growth of India can come through its North East by Acting Eastwards to Southeast Asia and East Asia," Sonowal said.
The sex racket came to light after an employee of a guest house owned by senior Congress leader and state Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh's son was arrested for pimping the victim last month.
Police have launched an investigation to find if any militant group is involved in the attack.
CM Sarbananda Sonowal said PM Narendra Modi has given utmost importance to improving surface communication in the state for ushering in development in the region.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE