Taking a cue from 'Namami Devi Narmade' programme of Madhya Pradesh government, Assam will now launch 'Namami Brahmapurta' campaign in the north-eastern state from March 31 to April 4.
The Centre today agreed to pay Rs 6,320 crore to the Assam government as crude oil royalty as part of an out of the court settlement after eight years of protracted legal battle.
A total of Rs 189 crore was sanctioned for Nagaon medical college, which will be the ninth in the state, Nadda said.
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda today inaugurated the Cancer Hospital attached to the Gauhati Medical College (GMC) here.
Only a sub-inspector or an officer above that rank could demand production of documents.
A Facebook post by a girl in Jorhat about her alleged sexual harassment by a group of motorcycle-borne people has triggered wide spread protests across the BJP-ruled state with hundreds of students coming out in support of the victim.
Bulgarian Ambassador to India Petko Doykov today called on Assam Industries and Commerce minister Chandra Mohan Patowary and discussed several issues on investment in Assam.
Assam government today said it will consider the inclusion of various tribal dominated areas under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has been accorded a 'Z+' VVIP security cover of NSG black cat commandos by the centre owing to threats from insurgents and militants like the ULFA and Bodo.
A total of 52,560 persons have lost their lives in various crimes during the 15 years of Congress rule in Assam, the state Assembly was informed on Monday.
Assam government today said that over the last six months over 3,500 families have been evicted from various places they had encroached upon across the state.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Saturday said big business players are taking a keen interest in the state as the government is making all out efforts to create an investor-friendly environment.
Former Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today alleged that insurgency has increased in Assam after the BJP-led government came to power in the state.
"I declare that Hitendra Nath Goswami is elected as Speaker of the House unanimously," Assam Assembly Deputy Speaker Dilip Kumar Paul said.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonwal on Thursday said that his government will continue to fight insurgency after a series of explosions were reported in this north-eastern state.
Seven explosions took place on Thursday in three districts of Assam, with police sources blaming the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA).
Two soldiers of the Assam Rifles were killed on Sunday when militants ambushed a convoy on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said.
Two soldiers of Assam Rifles were killed and two others injured on Sunday when militants ambushed a convoy near Jairampur on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said.
Militants ambushed an Assam Rifles vehicle, triggering an encounter along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border on Sunday morning.
A senior trained cadre of ULFA(I), Gagan Hazarika alias Joydeep Cheleng, was remanded in NIA custody after he was produced in a special court.
"Future growth of India can come through its North East by Acting Eastwards to Southeast Asia and East Asia," Sonowal said.
The sex racket came to light after an employee of a guest house owned by senior Congress leader and state Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh's son was arrested for pimping the victim last month.
Police have launched an investigation to find if any militant group is involved in the attack.
CM Sarbananda Sonowal said PM Narendra Modi has given utmost importance to improving surface communication in the state for ushering in development in the region.
Assam suffered revival of violence by the United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent -- led by Paresh Baruah.
Dass handed over his resignation letter to Assam Assembly Deputy Speaker Dilip Kumar Paul at a function in his constituency, Sorbhog.
"The health assurance scheme will cover all individuals in eligible families with annual income below Rs 5 lakh, both BPL and APL," an official release said.
Leader of the Opposition of Assam Debrata Saikia has appealed to the Central government to make arrangements for disbursing a portion of the wages of tea garden workers in cash so that they can cope up with crisis triggered by demonetisation.
Failing to get any response from the government after repeated requests, villagers of Boro Robi in Dima Hasao district of Assam have constructed a 6-km road on their own, connecting their isolated village to the world.
Former Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi alleged it was a "political" decision as he often criticises the Narendra Modi government.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- J&K: Three soldiers martyred in terror attack in Shopian
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh