Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Sunday asked Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to order that the Indo-Bangladesh border fencing, including in the riverine section, be completed at the earliest.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has invited all the insurgent outfits of the state for peace talks and said his government wants to rid the state of the militancy.
Uddhav-Thackeray-led Shiv Sena has now jumped in support of a 16-year-old Assamese singer Nahid Afrin against whom a fatwa has been issued by several Muslim clerics asking her not to perform in public.
'Why don't Muslim fanatics get arrested for issuing fatwas?'
42 clerics in Assam have issued a fatwa against upcoming singer Nahid Afreen asking her to stop performing in public.
ABSU President Pramod Bodo said they would continue to agitate till their demand for a separate state of Bodoland was met.
Smuggling of cows has come down after the BJP-led government came to power, the minister said.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today said his government is committed to ensure granting of Scheduled Tribe status to six communities in the state.
Assam Parliamentary Affairs Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary said all the SPs have been ordered to keep a strict vigil and maintain a close watch on doubtful people.
Assam government today said it will consider shifting people living in 'No man's land' and realignment of the fencing along the Indo-Bangla border in consultation with the Centre.
Assam assembly today condemned the attack on the Foreigners Tribunal member in Goalpara and expressed satisfaction over steps taken by the state government to ensure security of the judiciary.
The Army conducted operations in East Karbi Anglong District of Assam to flush out terrorists based on intelligence inputs, a Defence spokesman said today.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said his government has earmarked Rs 2,000 crore for rapid development of the Barak Valley.
At least four persons were killed and over 20 others injured when several houses in Assam`s Golaghat district caught fire due to a gas tanker accident, a police official said on Tuesday.
"The sum of Rs 2,000 crore is huge. All political leaders, officials and others should be brought under the ambit of the investigation," AGP said.
Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh today announced nine new Passport Seva Kendras would be set up in Assam soon.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today directed the revenue and disaster management department to release funds for providing relief to people affected by the recent storm that hit several districts in the state.
Taking a cue from 'Namami Devi Narmade' programme of Madhya Pradesh government, Assam will now launch 'Namami Brahmapurta' campaign in the north-eastern state from March 31 to April 4.
The Centre today agreed to pay Rs 6,320 crore to the Assam government as crude oil royalty as part of an out of the court settlement after eight years of protracted legal battle.
A total of Rs 189 crore was sanctioned for Nagaon medical college, which will be the ninth in the state, Nadda said.
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda today inaugurated the Cancer Hospital attached to the Gauhati Medical College (GMC) here.
Only a sub-inspector or an officer above that rank could demand production of documents.
A Facebook post by a girl in Jorhat about her alleged sexual harassment by a group of motorcycle-borne people has triggered wide spread protests across the BJP-ruled state with hundreds of students coming out in support of the victim.
Bulgarian Ambassador to India Petko Doykov today called on Assam Industries and Commerce minister Chandra Mohan Patowary and discussed several issues on investment in Assam.
Assam government today said it will consider the inclusion of various tribal dominated areas under the Sixth Schedule of the Constitution.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has been accorded a 'Z+' VVIP security cover of NSG black cat commandos by the centre owing to threats from insurgents and militants like the ULFA and Bodo.
A total of 52,560 persons have lost their lives in various crimes during the 15 years of Congress rule in Assam, the state Assembly was informed on Monday.
Assam government today said that over the last six months over 3,500 families have been evicted from various places they had encroached upon across the state.
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Saturday said big business players are taking a keen interest in the state as the government is making all out efforts to create an investor-friendly environment.
Former Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today alleged that insurgency has increased in Assam after the BJP-led government came to power in the state.
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- 30 passengers injured as tourist bus hits divider on Noida Expressway
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister? - Part II
- DNA: Meet surgical strike heroes, Major Rohit Suri and Naib Subedar Vijay Kumar
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Watch: Bhuvneshwar Kumar sends Steve Smith's off-stump cart-wheeling in Dharamsala
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Fed up with Arvind Kejriwal, why AAP MLA Ved Prakash joined BJP calling PM Narendra Modi 'saint'