Papua New Guinea`s Prime Minister Peter O`Neill survived a no-confidence vote in parliament Friday over corruption allegations following weeks of protests and civil disobedience urging him to resign.
The "better angels in America will prevail" in the upcoming presidential elections, Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday as he warned about xenophobia during a visit to Australia.
A 31-year-old Indian woman and her four-month-old son have died after she allegedly jumped from the balcony of their high-rise apartment here along with the baby.
Former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has officially requested the support of his country`s new government to back a bid for the top job at the United Nations, Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said on Monday.
Voting to elect a new government on the tiny Pacific island of Nauru, international observers invited to monitor the polls.
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to retain power after a bruising national election.
The government needs at least 76 seats to form a majority in the 150-seat chamber.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has been meeting with independent lower house politicians to shore up backing for his Liberal/National coalition amid uncertainty that it will be able to win the 76 seats required in the House of Representatives to form a majority government.
Former Australian leader John Howard Thursday defended his decision to go to war with Iraq alongside the United States and Britain, saying it was justified at the time and there was "no lie".
"Turnbull's ruling Liberal/National coalition will hold at least 73 seats in the 150-seat House of Representatives"
Embattled Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull defended his performance after widespread calls for his resignation and said on Tuesday that he was confident of retaining office after vote counting resumed in a cliffhanger election.
Malcolm Turnbull`s Liberal-National coalition has so far secured 68 lower house seats, the centre-left Labor opposition 67, with 10 seats in doubt.
Australian leader Malcolm Turnbull Tuesday rejected calls for him to resign after the weekend`s disastrous election, as senior government figures pleaded against infighting.
A New Zealand holidaymaker told Tuesday how he stumbled across a human head on a Fiji tourist beach -- the latest apparent twist in the gory case of a Russian couple murdered and dismembered in the tropical paradise.
With the prospect of a hung parliament looming in Australia, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and his rival Bill Shorten on Sunday reached out to crossbenchers, who have emerged as kingmakers after a closely-contested election.
Early counting in Australia`s national election on Saturday showed a swing to the opposition Labor Party, adding to fears a close vote will deny current Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull the outright majority he needs to enact major economic reforms.
Polls closed in Australia's most populous states where Saturday's national elections are expected to be won or loss.
The Australian election may be too close to call but voters on Saturday.
A poll showed conservative leader Malcolm Turnbull's Liberal/National coalition 50.5 to 49.5 percent in front on a two-party basis.
Australians began voting in national elections Saturday with conservative leader Malcolm Turnbull the slight favourite ahead of Labor`s Bill Shorten, although opinion polls point to it being a close race.
According to the Imam of the mosque, hundreds of worshippers were praying inside at the time of the suspected petrol bomb attack, however no-one was injured
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans