Add ginger to your diet for good health
One of the most widely used spice in Indian cuisine; ginger not only adds flavour to the food but is also of great medicinal value.
- Eating fresh ginger before meals helps release digestive juices thus improving the appetite.
- Stimulates digestion and is effective in cramps caused by stomach gas
- Helps in absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
- Chewing a piece of ginger tossed in honey helps relieve the severity of nausea.
- Since ginger produces a lot of heat in the body, it is very helpful in treating cold and flu.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of ginger can lessen chronic pain.
- Sipping hot ginger tea helps get rid of throat and nose congestion.