Beat the heat with cucumber!
New Delhi: It is summer time and with the sun spreading its golden fingers on the ground the whole day, that scorching heat is unavoidable.
With continuous sweat running down your skin, it is important to keep your body hydrated to avoid falling ill. So go ahead, indulge and relish cucumber- the superfood this summer as much as you want, to keep heat at bay.
Here are the benefits of cucumber:
- The peel of Cucumber is a good source of dietary fiber that fights against constipation and keeps colon cancers at bay to some extent.
- It helps reduce blood pressure and heart rates and acts as a wonder food to check weight loss.
- Cucumbers act as quick pick-me-up agents thereby providing you the necessary energy after you come back home from that scorching heat.
- Have that terrible headache? Eat cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up headache free.
- They also act as quick breath fresheners.